- December 1, 2022
For those who will be following home trends in 2023, it is expected that trends won’t shift all that much from the last year, but those researching 2023 design trends should know that some new ones are on the rise, many of which are tailored to the needs of active adults who are living life to the fullest. Whether you’re downsizing and looking for a simpler lifestyle or moving to be closer to family, active adults are buying new homes and driving some of the most exciting interior design trends 2023. Let’s look at a few of the most interesting ones for the coming year!
1. Flexible spaces are more important than ever. As we all learned over the last few years when many of us were spending more time in our homes than ever before, having rooms that offer flexible uses can make your home more versatile and more comfortable. Plus, as more people continue to work from home, living rooms, personal gyms, and flexible office spaces are all in high demand. Homeowners also want spaces for personal hobbies or areas where kids can do their homework or visiting grandkids can play. Designing livable spaces that can accommodate multiple needs is a huge driver for many of the latest home design trends.
2. Extra storage is a must! All of us accumulate stuff as we live in our homes over the years, and the 55+ active adult home shopper has gathered a lifetime of belongings that all need their own space. However, no one wants to live in a cluttered or crowded home, so clever storage solutions are in high demand, from walk-in closets to well-designed kitchen pantries. It’s also popular to create storage solutions in out-of-the-way places by utilizing pull-out shelving, lazy Susans, and other adaptations.
3. Earth tones are in! Early reports on 2023 design trends often include warm, inviting earth tones that can help make spaces feel cozy and welcoming. These include colors that we often associate with fall, maybe the warmest and coziest of seasons, such as browns and tans, of course, but also oranges, greens, yellows, and even accents of purple or blue. In fact, sage green was one of the top colors in 2022, and we saw a wave of green front doors on homes. Maybe you’ve seen a few yourself! While these tones are flexible and adaptable, it’s also important to note that they’re not actually neutrals. They have just enough pop to make all the difference!
4. Natural materials are a, well, natural extension of our affection for earth tones. Wood, stone, and leather are all in, helping to add timelessness to different rooms throughout the house. They bring with them durability and solidness that helps make a house feel like a home. Natural materials are also environmentally friendly and tend to last a long time with proper care, making them sustainable and helping you to feel good about the things around you.
5. Easy upkeep is where it’s at! Certainly, active adults enjoy a low-maintenance lifestyle but really, who amongst us wouldn’t prefer a home that’s easy to keep clean, tidy, and in good repair? From larger tiles that minimize grout to open floor plans that make sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming easier, the luxury home trends of 2023 will emphasize easy upkeep and low maintenance without sacrificing beauty, style, or functionality.
Whatever you’re looking for in your new home in the new year, you’ll find it here at Chambers Creek. Whether you’re hoping for the latest design trends or a classic home that feels timeless, our home builders can help ensure that your new home is designed with you in mind, creating a personalized home that fits your style. If you’re the type who updates your home décor every year—or if you’re someone who wants to find what you like and stick with it—you’ll find a home that’s designed around you, that can accommodate your lifestyle and your needs in every way with these interior design trends 2023.
Of course, the homes at Chambers Creek are more than just houses. Our community caters to active adults aged 55 and up who want to make the most of their time and live a rich and fulfilling lifestyle. That’s why we offer a range of amenities and opportunities for fun and excitement. You can keep up with everything that’s happening throughout the community by filling out the short contact form below to subscribe to our newsletter!
- 55+ Active Adult Walking and Biking Trails in Willis
- Pickleball and Active Adults – Staying Active and Engaged at Chambers Creek
- Lake Conroe Fishing: Your Next Angling Adventure Awaits!
- Best Day Trip Ideas for Grandparents and Grandkids from Willis, Texas!
- Tips for Downsizing Your Home With Style
- Chambers Creek Offers Residents Close Proximity to Top Medical Centers in Houston and The Woodlands
- Are Property Values Increasing at Communities with Golf Courses?
- Additional Benefits of an Active and Wellness-Focused Lifestyle for Those Who Are 55 and Older
- The Grymkoskis Resident Testimonial
- Chambers Creek is Your EV and Golf Cart Friendly Community Near Houston
- The Hesses Resident Testimonial
- Why You Should Consider Moving to an Active Adult Community in Texas